I have done a studio choice challenge in my regular art classes… but this semester I had a digital art class. So I made one for them. They loved it and the work was great.
Students had the option to make projects in
- MS Paint
- Pivot (animation) http://pivotanimator.net/
- TinkerCad (3-d modeling for 3-D printing) https://www.tinkercad.com/
- Sketch-Up (another 3-D modeling program) http://www.sketchup.com/
- Scratch (programming) https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Gamestar Mechanic (video game design) https://gamestarmechanic.com/
- as well as use cameras for photography challenges.
Just like in my other challenges, each project was worth a certain number of points, based on difficulty. They collected points as they finished each project. Projects were just given points for completeness. Later they selected their best project to turn in for their final grade. It needed to show creativity and craftsmanship.
Resources: (click on items below to open files)