The purpose of this portfolio is to create a visual presentation of your artwork over the trimester and to display your best work. IF you have a power point from a previous year, you can ADD to it for this year. Answer the questions below to prepare for the power point.
â–¡ Title Page: Be creative in your style, but make sure it is easy to read.
â–¡ List your Artwork: Include a minimum of three (3) or a maximum of twenty (20) pieces of artwork. Use your reflection sheets to help you make this list. You can include digital art, pictures or scans of 2-D and 3-D artwork as well as animation or other computer art projects. May include artwork from this class, artwork you have done at home, and artwork you have done in past years here at Northâ€¦ extra credit if you have had me in both 6th and 7th grade and you include art work from those years.
- Title (be creativeâ€¦what should this artwork be calledâ€¦ what are you trying to say in the piece)
- Medium (the type of supply used like paint, collage, etc.. or the name of the computer program used to make the art)
- Date artwork was created (approximate, month)
- Challenge: describe why you made this, how you made this or some other creative statement about the making of this piece.
â–¡ About the Artist Page: The last two pages need to be your â€œabout the artistâ€ page. It MUST include a picture of YOU (a picture of you working, your self-portrait, pencil drawing, school picture, or collageâ€¦your choice) It also needs the answers to the following questions. You can do it in paragraph, interview or list form.
- When was the first time you remember making art?
- Before this class, did you think of yourself as creative? What about now?
- Does your life outside of school have an effect on your art?
- What role does your culture play on your art?
- What is your favorite type of art medium?
- What motivates your creative ideas?
- What would you like to be better at, and why?
- What other things would you like people to know about your art?
â–¡ Dedication/ Credits: Include anyone that inspired or motivated you include anyone that instructed or helped you. Classmates, teachers, parents and you should be included in the credits.