In the TAB classroom there is always a daily demo… these short bursts of information are to help students understand materials, techniques and the art world. This year I am taking a new approach to my demos. I have never been good about exposing my students to artists. 🙁 I also wanted to make sure I was considering different artist perspectives and experiences (race, gender, place and time) So I made a personal goal to expose them more often and with more variety. We are also rolling out PBISÂ so building community and relationships is a big focus. With these goals in mind and because I like organization to help me stay on track… each day has a theme! I will usually use videos… because they allow me to take attendance, do any last minute prep, have a quick private conversation with a student… and the kidsÂ just pay attention better and I know all 6 classes get the same info.
- Museum Monday: will be artists, art styles and periods.
- Technique Tuesday:Â will be techniques related to the current around the room game, boot camp or studio needs.
- Weird Wednesday and Funky Friday: both the same idea… showing those out there things that artists are doing.
- Thoughtful Thursday: will be related to mindfulness or community building, also an opportunity for critiques.
Here is what we have done so far this year!
NOTE: none of these videos are made by me, although I have made videos in the past. I have other things I need to spend my time on these days, so why reinvent the wheel? I have more fun finding interesting videos and screening them than making my own.
- Derek FordjourÂ https://derekfordjour.com/Â
- 9-Year-Old Abstract Painter Aelita Andre https://youtu.be/3C108WlIg-EÂ
- Lots of different artists and a way to open draw around the room by fellow TABBER Panthers Palette https://youtu.be/-UmpxYJxJAk
- Graphite Pencils https://youtu.be/O_9LFdpaDTIÂ
- Oil PastelsÂ https://youtu.be/1HEMRuJXlqI
- Color Pencil BlendingÂ https://youtu.be/LeYitWpA6ZU
- One-line drawings: https://youtu.be/tXzRE7m723Y
- Slinky like paper sculptures https://youtu.be/tqDmyfKkpEgÂ
- Charcoal Full Body Drawing: https://youtu.be/HmxDbBNnBrgâ€‹
- Rubik’s Cube Portraits: https://youtu.be/Rbsg4p4-G28
- Optical Illusions: https://youtu.be/-IWk5NkxQF8Â â€‹